Name: Jiazhong Zhang, Ph.D.
School of Energy and Power Engineering
Xi’an Jiaotong University
Shaanxi Province 710049
P. R. China
Education and Professional Experience
1) Sept. 1986-Jul. 1990
B.Sc., Jul. 1990
Xi’an Jiaotong University
2) Sept. 1990-Jun. 1993
M.Sc., Jun. 1993
Xi’an Jiaotong University
3) Sept. 1994-Dec. 1997
Doctor degree candidate, Doctor degree
was granted on December 25, 1997
School of Architectural Engineering and
Xi’an Jiaotong University
4) Oct. 1998-Feb. 2001
Postdoc. Research fellow
Eindhoven University of Technology
5) Feb. 2001-Present
Professor at Xi’an Jiaotong University
"Stability, Bifurcation and Numerical Analysis for the Nonlinear Dynamic Systems"
"Stress Analysis and Dynamics of Turbo-machinery"
"English Scientific and Technical Reading and Writing"
Supported by Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University in China, No. NCET-07-0685.
Research Areas and Interests
My current research focuses on
- Nonlinear aeroelastic stability and flow control by the morphing structure, turbo-machinery or fluid machinery by smart structures;
- Lagrangian description for unsteady flow; Momentum transfer; Lobe dynamics; Targeted energy transfer; Localization of energy; Resonance energy exchange;
- Low-velocity wind turbine with local adaptive aeroelastic structures; Energy capture by phase transition;
- The application of nonlinear dynamics to the drag reduction, lift enhancement, aero-heating, dynamic stall, and the numerical method, active aeroelastic structures;
- The dynamics in shock wave, plasma, soliton and rarefied gas dynamics for super-sonic flow; Cavity and energy accumulation with cavitation;
- The dynamics and the reduction of the continuum dynamic system with infinite-dimension or large degree-of-freedom based on the Inertial Manifold theories;
- Instability, sequence-bifurcation, the spatiotemporal pattern formation for the complex fluid mechanics; Macroscopic quantum phenomena;
- The nonlinearity and singularity of N-S equation in view of the point of mathematics and the route to turbulence; Nonlinear non-equilibrium atmospheric thermal dynamics;
- The Lagrangian coherent structure in the fluid flow; Study fluid dynamics on manifolds; Vortex dynamics analysis in Lagrangian frame;
- Stability and bifurcation in rotor dynamics, and rotordynamics software; Vibration localization or nonlinear dynamics in the system with periodic or symmetric structure;
- Buckling and post-buckling of thin-walled structure from viewpoint of bifurcation and chaos, and the multiscale numerical simulation for the flow in porous media;
- Multi-phase flow and cavitation in turbo-pump, Self-organized criticality;
- Application for nonlinear dynamics: the drag reduction, vibration reduction and sound reduction of moving body over flow by active aeroelastic surfaces or walls.
Member of International scientific committee and organizing committee for Nonlinear Science and Complexity; Committee for Chaos, Complexity and Transport; Committee for Analysis and Control of Chaotic Systems; Committee for Chaotic Modeling and Simulation; Committee member for Topical Problems of Nonlinear Wave Physics.
Member of Editorial Board: Journal of Applied Nonlinear Dynamics, Journal of Propulsion Technology; Regional Editor of Journal of Vibration Testing and System Dynamics.
Chairman of 5th Conference on Nonlinear Science and Complexity. Website：http: //nsc2014.xjtu.edu.cn.
- Jiazhong Zhang．Stability and Bifurcation in Nonlinear Dynamics Systems and Their Applications (In Chinese)．ISBN 978-7-5605-3589-0, 2010．
- Jiazhong Zhang, Liying Chen, Sheng Ren. Nonlinear Science and Complexity, Part VIII, Chapter 48: Nonlinear Systems: Model Reduction of Nonlinear Continuous Dynamic Systems on Inertial Manifolds with Delay. Springer Berlin/Heidelberg, 10607 words, 2011, ISBN 978-90-481-9883-2, pp413-418.
- Yan Liu, Jiazhong Zhang. Dynamical Systems-Discontinuity, Stochasticity and Time-Delay, Part I, Chapter 3: Study on the Multifractal Spectrum of Local Area Networks Traffic and Their Correlations. Springer Berlin/Heidelberg, 12292words, 2010, ISBN 978-1-4419-5753-5, pp13-21.
- Kailun Li, Jiazhong Zhang, Pengfei Lei. Dynamical Systems-Discontinuity, Stochasticity and Time-Delay, Part I, Chapter 7: Nonlinear Systems: Simulation and Nonlinear Analysis of Panel Flutter with Thermal Effects in Supersonic Flow. Springer Berlin/Heidelberg, 11428words, 2010, ISBN 978-1-4419-5753-5, pp61-76.
- Jiazhong Zhang, Sheng Ren, Guanhua Mei. Dynamical Systems-Discontinuity, Stochasticity and Time-Delay, Part IV, Chapter 30: Model Reduction on Inertial Manifolds of N-S Equations through Multi-scale Finite Element. Springer Berlin/Heidelberg, 18012words, 2010, ISBN 978-1-4419-5753-5, pp383-396.
- Jiazhong Zhang. Nonlinear Approaches in Engineering Applications, Chapter 10: Nonlinear Dynamics of Incompressible Flow-Complexity in Two Dimensional Flows Around Circular Cylinder. Springer Berlin/Heidelberg,37261 words, 2012, ISBN 978-1-4614-1468-1, pp 283-314.
- Jia-Zhong Zhang (Editor), Yan Liu. Complex Motions and Chaos in Nonlinear Systems, Chapter 2: Some Singularities in Fluid Dynamics and Their Bifurcation Analysis. Springer International Publishing Switzerland, 2016, ISBN 978-3-319-28762-1.
- Xu Sun, Jiazhong Zhang. Finite-Element Analysis of Nonlinear Fluid-Membrane Interactions Using a Modified Characteristic-Based Split (CBS) Scheme. Springer International Publishing Switzerland, 2016, ISBN 978-3-319-28762-1.
- Xu Sun, Jiazhong Zhang. Effect of the reinforced leading or trailing edge on the aerodynamic performance of a perimeter-reinforced membrane wing. Journal of Fluids and Structures, 2017, 68, 90-112.
- Zuo Wang, Nannan Dang, Jiazhong Zhang. A modified lattice Bhatnagar-Gross-Krook model for axisymmetric thermal flow. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2017, 108, 691-702.
- Yamiao Zhang, Jiazhong Zhang. Two-grid Finite Element Variational Multiscale Method Based on Two Local Gauss Integrations for Steady Navier-Stokes Equations. Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, 2016 (in revision).
- Shengli Cao, Jiazhong Zhang, Wei Wang, Yan Liu, Study on mass transports in evolution of separation bubbles using LCSs and lobe dynamics. Communications in Computational Physics, 2016 (in revision).
- Zhuopu Wang, Jiazhong Zhang, Le Wang, Yan Liu and Xavier Leoncini. Bifurcation analysis of oblique shock wave detachment from a calculus of variation approach. International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 2016 (in revision).
- Peihua Feng, Jiazhong Zhang, and Yun Wei. Solitary waves in boundary layer induced by a travelling wave with increasing amplitude. Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, 2016 (in revision).
- Peihua Feng, Jiazhong Zhang, Shengli Cao and S. V. Prants. Thermalized solution of Galerkin-truncated Burgers equation: from birth of local structures to thermalization. Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 2017, 45, 104-116.
- Jiahui Chen, Jiazhong Zhang, and Shengli Cao. Using Lagrangian coherent structure to understand vortex dynamics in flow around plunging airfoil. Journal of Fluids and Structures, 2016, 67, 142-155.
- Peihua Feng, Jiazhong Zhang, and Wei Wang. Spike-like solitary waves in incompressible boundary layers driven by a travelling wave. Chaos, 26, 063104, 2016.
- Zuo Wang, Wenfan Zhang, Jiazhong Zhang. Lattice Boltzmann simulations of axisymmetric natural convection with anisotropic thermal diffusion. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 101, 1304-1315, 2016.
- Xu Sun, Jiazhong Zhang. Nonlinear vibrations of a flexible membrane under periodic load. Nonlinear Dynamics, 85:2467-2486, 2016.
- Le Wang, Jiazhong Zhang and Wenfan Zhang. Identify the Rotating Stall in Centrifugal Compressors by Fractal Dimension in Reconstructed Phase Space. Entropy, 17, 7888-7899, 2015.
- Wei Kang, Jiazhong Zhang, Pengfei Lei, Min Xu. Effects of local oscillation of airfoil surface on lift enhancement at low Reynolds number. Journal of Fluid and Structure, 57, 49-65, 2015.
- T. Kamimoto, Y. Deguchi, Ning Zhang, Ryosuke Nakao, Taku Takagi and Jia-Zhong Zhang. Real-time 2D Concentration Measurement of CH4 in Oscillating Flames Using CT Tunable Diode Laser Absorption Spectroscopy. Journal of Applied Nonlinear Dynamics, 4(3), 295-303, 2015.
- S. V. Prants, M. V. Budyansky, M. Yu. Uleysky, Jiazhong Zhang. Hyperbolicity in the Ocean. Discontinuity, Nonlinearity, and Complexity, 4(3), 257-270, 2015.
- Wei Kang, Yang Tang, Min Xu, Jia-Zhong Zhang. Stability and Bifurcation of a Nonlinear Aero-thermo-elastic Panel in Supersonic Flow. Journal of Applied Nonlinear Dynamics, 4(3), 251-257, 2015.
- Zhuopu Wang, Jiazhong Zhang, Junheng Ren, Muhammad Nauman Aslam. A geometric singular perturbation approach for the planar stationary shock wave. Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, 310: 19-36, 2015.
- Kailun Li, Jiazhong Zhang, Junheng Ren, and Yan Yan. Investigation of aerothermoelastic behaviors of functionally graded panels in supersonic flows. Journal of Thermal Stresses, 38: 882-903, 2015.
- Yan Liu, Sheng Ren, Jiazhong Zhang. Cavitating Flow between Two Shear Moving Parallel Plates and Its Control. Discontinuity, Nonlinearity, and Complexity, 4(3), 371-379, 2015.
- Xu Sun, Jiazhong Zhang. An r-adaptive technique for unstructured grids based on the segment spring analogy method. International Journal of Computational Methods, 12(1), 1350091 (17 pages), 2015.
- Pengfei Lei, Jiazhong Zhang, Kailun Li, Ding Wei. Study on the transports in transient flow over impulsively started circular cylinder using Lagrangian coherent structures. Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 22, 953-963, 2015.
- Wei Kang, Jiazhong Zhang, Sheng Ren, Pengfei Lei. Nonlinear Galerkin method for low-dimensional modeling of fluid dynamic system using POD modes. Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 22, 943-952, 2015.