Professor in Medicinal Chemistry
School of Pharmacy
Health Science Center
Xi’an Jiaotong University
No. 76, West Yanta Road
Xi’an, Shaanxi 710061
P. R. China
She is now serving as the Professor in Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Health Science Center. She is also the Director of Teaching & Research Section of Medicinal Chemistry, Advanced Membership of Pharmaceutical Society of P. R. China and Membership of Chinese Chemical Society. Her main research covered the following areas: 1) Design, synthesis and structure-activity relationship of biologically active drug candidates. 2) Design and synthesis of small molecular probe with near infrared fluorescent properties. She has served as the membership of editorial board of international academic journal such as Molbank, and the reviewer of many academic journals, such as Bioorganic Medicinal Chemistry, Bioorganic Medicinal Chemistry Letter, Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, Green Chemistry Letters and Reviews, Mini Reviews in Medicinal Chemistry, etc. She has published more than 100 papers in both academic Journals and Symposiums. She has presided over more than 10 research projects from various sources and has also participated more than 5 research projects with other researchers. She has applied for 17 Chinese patents, 10 of which have been authorized by Chinese Patent Office. She has won the Challenge Solving Prize from Innocentive Company in 2003. She has also won the Teaching Competition Prize twice and 4 kinds of Prize. Both as an editor or co-editor, she has compiled 10 text books.
1999,09–2003,01 PhD in Organic Medicinal Chemistry, Fudan University, Shanghai, P. R. C.
1989,09–1992,07 M. S in Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Shandong Medical University, P. R. C.
1985,09–1989,07 B. S. in Chemistry, Henan University P. R. C.
2006,08–now Associate Professor, Xi'an Jiaotong University, P. R. China.
2011,07–2011,12 Postdoctoral Researcher, Vienna University, Austria.
2008,03–2009,03 Postdoctoral Researcher, Michigan Technological University, U. S. A.
2004,06–2006,07 Postdoctoral Researcher, Tsinghua University, P. R. China.
1992,09–1999,08 Lecturer, School of Medicine, Henan University, P. R. China.
PRIZE AND HONOR
2012,03 Won the Second Award of Shaanxi Higher School Science and Technology for “Research for improving the organic medicinal intermediates”.
2010,09 Won the Scholarship from Euro-Asia uninet, Austria.
2007,09 Won the Prize in Bilingual Teaching Contest in Xi’an Jiaotong University, P. R. C.
2003,09 Won the Prize by solving the challenge from Innocentvie, U.S.A.
1999,09–2003,01 Won Scholarships twice in Fudan University, P. R. C.
1989,07–1992,07 Won Scholarship in Shandong Medical University, P. R. C.
1999,09 Won Prize for the Excellent Research Paper form Science & Technology Committee, Henan Province, P. R. C.
1998,11 Won Prize in Teaching Contest, Henan University, P. R. C.
1985,09–1989,07 Won Scholarships twice in Henan University, P. R. C.
1. Ge Meng*, Erik De Clercq. Targeting at the crooked nonnucleoside binding pocket of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase[J]. Manuscript, submiting.
2. Ge Meng*, Meilin Zheng, Mei Wang, et al. Design and synthesis of new potent PTP1B inhibitors with the skeleton of 2-substituted imino-3-substituted-5-heteroarylidene-1,3-thiazolidine-4-one: Part I[J]. Eur. J. Med. Chem., 2016, 122, 756-769.
3. Ge Meng*, Meilin Zheng, Mengshu Dong,et al.Synthetic optimization of rosiglitazone and related intermediates for industrial purposes[J]. Res. Chem. Intermediat.,2016, 42(3), 2023-2033.
4. Ge Meng, Meilin Zheng, Meng-shu Dong, et al. An environmental-friendly synthesis of 2,3- disubstituted-2-iminothiazoline-4-ones[J]. J. Heterocyclic Chem., 2016, 53(2): 588-594.
5. Rui Zhang, V. L. Wilson, Aixin Hou, Ge Meng. Source of lead pollution, its influence on public health and the counter measures[J]. Int. J. of Health, Animal Science and Food Safety,2015, 2(1), 18-31.
6. Ge Meng*, Mei Wang, Aqun Zheng, et al. Synthesis and anti HIV-1 evaluation of N-mono substituted thioureas[J]. Int. J. HIV/AIDS Res., 2015, 2(1), 19-27.
7. Ge Meng*, Chunyan Liu, Shidong Qin, et al. An improved synthesis of sunitinib malate via a solvent-free decarboxylation process[J]. Res. Chem. Intermediat, 2015, 41, 8941-8954.
8. Ge Meng*, Yang Liu, A-Qun Zheng, et al. Design and synthesis of a new series of modified CH-diaryl pyrimidines as drug-resistant HIV non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors[J]. Eur. J. Med. Chem., 2014, 82, 600-611.
9. Yang Liu, Ge Meng*, Aqun Zheng, et al. Design and synthesis of a new series of cyclopropyl amino-linking diarylpyrimidines as HIV non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors[J]. Eur. J. Pharm. Sci., 2014, 62, 334-341.
10. Ge Meng, Mei Wang, A-Qun Zheng, et al. Efficient one-pot synthesis of ethyl 2-substitued-4- methylthiazole-5-carboxylates[J]. Green Chem. Lett. Rev., 2014, 7(1), 46-49.
11. Ge Meng, Mei-Lin Zheng, A-Qun Zheng, et al. The novel usage of thiourea nitrate in aryl nitration [J]. Chin. Chem. Lett. 2014, 25(1), 87-89.
12. Ge Meng, Mei Wang, Ke-Jie Zhang, et al. Research progress on the chemistry and pharmacology of Prunella vulgaris species[J]. OALib J., 2014, 1, 1-19.
13. Nobert Haider, Ge Meng, Roger S, et al. An efficient and selective access to 1-substituted and 3-substituted derivatives of luotonin A[J]. Tetrahedron, 2013, 69 (34), 7066-7072.
14. Ge Meng*, Tao Yang, Jian-Hua Shi, et al. Synthesis of bis-(tributyl citrate acid)esters as novel green plasticizers[J]. Adv. Mat. Res., 2012, 557-559, 1089-1094.
15. Tao Yang, Ge Meng*, Wen-Ping Liu. Research progress of Raf kinase inhibitors[J]. Xibei Yaoxue Zazhi, 2012, 27(3), 280-282, C3-C4.
16. Ge Meng*,Mei-Lin Zheng, Meng-Shu Dong, et al. An eco-friendly preparation of 2-iminothiazolidin- 4-ones derivatives[J]. Org. Prep. Proced. Int., 2012, 44(2), 184-186.
17. Ge Meng*, Tao Yang, Yang Liu. An improved preparation of 4-choro-1H-indazole[J]. Org. Prep. Proced. Int., 2011, 43(4), 354-359.
18. Ge Meng*, Mei-Lin Zheng, Mei Wang. An improved two-step preparation of 2,4-dimethylpyrrole[J]. Org. Prep. Proced. Int., 2011, 43(3), 308-311.
19. Yang Liu (Ge Meng*). tert-Butyl nitrite (TBN)[J]. Synlett, 2011, 8, 1184-1185.
20. Ge Meng*, Yang Gao, Mei-Lin Zheng. Improved synthesis of 2,4-thiazolidinedione[J]. Org. Prep. Proced. Int., 2011, 43(3), 312-313.
21. Ge Meng, Yao-Wu Sha, Rui Zhang, et al. Mild synthesis of N´-aryl-N,N-dimethyl formamidinium chloride by Vilsmiere-Haack reagent[J]. Chin. Chem. Lett., 2011, 22, 1043-1046.
22. Ge Meng*, Zhen-Yu Li, Mei Wang, et al. Biomimetic synthesis of antineoplastic 17-thiazolidine- substituted steroids[J]. Xibei Yaoxue Zazhi, 2011, 26(4), 288-291.
23. Jian-Hua Shi, Ge Meng*, Yang Gao. Evaluation and comparison of synthetic methods of pioglitazone[J]. China Med. Herald, 2010, 7(30), 24-27.
24. Ge Meng*,Research progress on HIV-1 reverse transcriptase inhibitors[J]. China Med. Herald, 2010, 7(8,9), 9-12.
25. Mei-Lin Zheng, Ge Meng*. Graphical synthetic routes of Ibandronate sodium[J]. Chin. J. Pharm., 2010, 41(2), 151-153.
26. Jian-Hua Shi, Mei Wang, Ge Meng*, et al. Graphical synthetic routes of Escitalopram[J]. China Med. Herald, 2010, 7(6), 15-16.
27. Ge Meng, Singaravelu Velayudham, Adrian Smith, et al. Tuning of polyfluorene emission with BODIPY monomers[J]. Macromolecule, 2009, 42(6), 1995-2001.
28. Venkat R. Donuru, Giri K. Vegesna, Singaravelu Velayadham, Ge Meng,et al. Deep-red emissive conjugated poly(BODIPY-ethynylene)s bearing alkyl side chains[J]. J. Polym. Sci., Part A: Poly. Chem., 2009, 47, 5354-5366.
29. Ge Meng*, Zhen-Yu Li, Mei-Lin Zheng. An efficient one-step method for synthesis of 2,4-thiazolidinedione[J]. Org. Prep. Proced. Int., 2008, 40(6), 572-574.
30. Ge Meng*, Zhen-Yu Li, Mei-Lin Zheng. Graphical synthetic routes of olanzapine[J]. Chin. J. Pharm. 2008, 39(5), 387-389.
31. Nan Bai, Yao-Wu Sha, Ge Meng. Efficient and eco-friendly preparation of 4-methyl-5-formyl- thiazole[J]. Molecules, 2008, 13, 943-947.
32. Ge Meng*, Ke-Jie Zhang, Ming-Zhi Zhang. Chemical constituents of P. vulgaris L and antitumor activity[J]. Xibei Yaoxue Zazhi, 2007, 22(4), 211-213.
33. Yan-Ping He, Hai-Rong Hu, Liao-Sa Xu, Ge Meng, et al. Structure-activity relationship studies on 6-naphthylmethyl-substituted HEPT derivatives as non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors based on molecular docking[J]. Chem. J. Chin. Univ., 2005, 26(2), 254-258.
34. Ge Meng and Fen-Er Chen. Synthesis of 1-[(2-hydroxyethoxy)methyl]-6-(5,6,7,8-tetrahydronaphthyl methyl-1)thymines as novel inhibitors against drug-resistant HIV-1 mutants[J]. Synth. Commun.,2005, 35(8), 1095-1102.
35. Ge Meng and Fen-Er Chen. Research progress on the HEPT analogues as nonnucleoside HIV-1 reverse transcriptase inhibitors[J]. J. Chin. Med. Chem., 2004, 14(1), 57-66.
36. Ge Meng, Fen-Er Chen, Erik De Clercq, et al. Nonnucleoside HIV-1 reverse transcriptase inhibitors: part I. Synthesis and structure-activity relationship of 1-alkoxymethyl-5-alkyl-6-naphthylmethyl uracils as HEPT analogues[J]. Chem. Pharm. Bull., 2003, 51(7), 779-789.
37. Ge Meng, Fen-Er Chen, Erik De Clercq, et al. Interactive study between two types of 6-naphthyl methyl HEPT analogs and HIV-1 reverse transcriptase inhibitors[J].Process Engineer. Chem., 2003, 1, 23-27.
38. Ge Meng and Fen-Er Chen. 3D-QSAR on 6-(1-naphthylmethyl) substituted HEPT analogs as HIV-1 RT inhibitors[J]. J. Chin. Med. Chem., 2003, 13(5), 254-259.
39. Ge Meng, Yan-Ping He, Fen-Er Chen. Hypophosphorous acid-iodine: an efficient and mild reagent for cleavage N-C bond[J]. Synth. Commun., 2003, 33(15), 2593-2598.
40. Ge Meng, Lin-Hong Weng, Fen-Er Chen. 1-Methoxymethyl-5-ethyl-6-(1-naphthylmethyl)uracil[J]. Acta. Crystallography Section E., 2002. E58, o1075-o1077.
41. Ge Meng, Ling Zhao, You-Fu Luo, et al. Studies on a new usage of: hypophosphorous acid-iodine system in N-C bond cleavage[J]. Chin. Chem. Lett., 2003, 14(4), 351-354.
42. Ge Meng, Yan-Ping He, Fen-Er Chen. Three dimensional quantitative structure-activity relationships of HEPT analogs as HIV-1 reverse transcriptase inhibitors[J]. Chem. J. Chin. Univ., 2002, 23(8), 1910-1915.
43. Fen-Er Chen, Han Fu, Ge Meng, et al. Studies on the asymmetric total synthesis of d-biotin (V)[J]. Chem. J. Chin. Univ., 2002, 23(6), 1060-1064.
44. You-Fu Luo, Ge Meng, Fen-Er Chen. Synthesis of 1-ethoxymethyl-6(1-naphthylmethyl)thymine[J]. Guangzhou Chem., 2002, 27(2), 6-10.
45. Fen-Er Chen, Ge Meng, Yan-Ping He, et al. Practical synthesis of (3aS,6aR)-1,3-dibenzyl hexahydro- 1H-thieno[3,4-d]imidazol-2(3H)-one[J]. Org. Prep. Proced. Int., 2001, 33 (3), 311-313.
46. Fen-Er Chen, Han Fu, Ge Meng, et al. Tetrabutylammonium peroxydisulfate in organic synthesis X: an efficient nickel-catalyzed one-pot synthesis of nitriles from aldehydes by oxidation with tetrabutylammaonium peroxydisulfate[J]. Synthesis, 2000, (11), 1519-1520.
47. Fen-Er Chen, Han Fu, Ge Meng, et al. Tetrabutylammonium peroxydisulfate in organic synthesis IX: a convenient approach to the synthesis of fused acetal derivatives by tetrabutylammonium peroxydisulfate-mediated oxidative cycloaddition of 1,3-dicarbonyl compounds to cyclic enol ethers[J]. Synthesis,2000, (8), 1091-1094.
48. Fen-Er Chen, Zuo-Zhong Peng, Han Fu, Ge Meng, et al. A novel and efficient method for the oxidative removal of O-benzyl protective groups of carbohydrates by tetrabutylammonium peroxydisulfate[J]. Synlett, 2000, (5), 627-628.
49. Ge Meng, Li-Jun Xu, Pei-Jie Liu. Synthesis and antibacterial activity of thiosemicarbazone and their thiadiazole derivatives[J]. Huaxue Yanjiu, 1999, 10(2), 51-53.
50. Ge Meng, Li-Jun Xu. Synthesis and studies on its antibacterial activities of sulfa 2-amino- 1,3,4-thiadiazole and its coordination compound with transition metals[J]. J. Chin. Med. Chem., 1996, 6(4), 257-261.
*: Corresponding author
1. Ge Meng, Wei-Juan Ge, Yuming Kang, et al. The synthesis of a fused tricyclic quinozoline ring derivetives as anti-heptocarcinoma agents[P]. CN 201610838381X, 2016, 09, 21.
2. Ge Meng, Tao Yang, Jiehe Zhang, et al. The synthesis of a new series of N-1H-Indazole-N’-[4-[2-(N- methylaminocarbonyl)pyridin-4-yl]-oxyphenyl]thioureas and their anti-oxidative and anti-virus activities[P]. CN 2016100321177, 2016, 01,18.
3. Ge Meng, Mei Wang, Wei-Juan Ge, et al. Preparation and usage of 5-(1H-indole-3-methylene)-1,3- thiazolidin-4-one derivatives[P]. CN 201410240292.6, 2014, 05, 30.
4. Ge Meng, Juan Shi, Jian-Hua Shi, et al. A new synthesis method of sunitinib[P]. ZL 201410235616.7, 2014, 05, 29.
5. Ge Meng, Jing Tong, Jian-Hua Shi, et al. The preparation usage recycling of bistribromide-1,3- dipyridinylpropanne[P]. ZL 201410235515.X, 2014, 05, 29.
6. Ge Meng, Tao Yang, Jian-Hua Shi, et al. A transacetylating method from 1-acetyl-4-chloro-1H- indazole to aromatic primary amine [P]. ZL 201410235121.4, 2014, 05, 29.
7. Ge Meng, Da-Zhi Zheng, Dao-Ming Zhang, et al. Method for preparing 2-(4-bromomethyl phenyl)propionic acid based on bi-phase free radical reaction[P]. ZL 201310120520.1, 2013, 04, 09.
8. Ge Meng, Mei-Lin Zheng, Jie Zhang, et al. Preparation of 2-substituted imino-3-substituted-5-(3,5- dimethyl-4-ethoxycarbonyl-1H-pyrrol-2-yl)methylene-4-thiazolidinone derivatives as protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B inhibitors for the treatment of cancer and diabetes[P]. ZL 201210017641.9, 2012, 01, 20.
9. Ge Meng, Mei-Lin Zheng, Jie Zhang, et al. Preparation of 2-substituted imino-3-substituted-5-[4-[2- [N-methyl-N-(2-pyridyl)]amino]ethoxy]benzylidene]thiazolidine-4-one derivatives as protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B inhibitors for treatment of diabetes, cancer, and obesity[P]. ZL 201210017663.5, 2012,01, 20.
10. Ge Meng, Mei-Lin Zheng, Jan-Hua Shi, et al. A synthesis method of thiourea and its usage as nitration reagent [P]. ZL 201110031841.5, 2011, 01, 28.
11. Ge Meng, Mei-Lin Zheng, Yan-Hong Xu, et al. A synthesis method of 2-iminothiazolidine-4- one and its derivatives [P]. ZL 201110160143.5, 2011, 06, 15.
12. Ge Meng, Mei Wang, Jan-Hua Shi, et al. Synthesis of new 2-amino-4-methylthiazole-5-carboxylate derivatives [P]. ZL 201110028455, 2011, 01, 27.
13. Ge Meng, Tao Yang, Jian-Hua Shi, et al. Fumaric acid(tributyl citrate) diester and its preparation [P]. ZL 201010134612.1, 2010, 03, 29.
1. Contemporary Drug Synthesis Process [M]. 2015, Xi’an: Xi'an Jiaotong University Press. ISBN: 978-7-5605-6859-9 (651k words). ISBN: in press (Chief Editor).
2. Drug Discovery and Screening[M]. 2016,Xi’an: Xi'an Jiaotong University Press. (Co-Editor).
3. The National Licensed Pharmacist Qualification Test Counseling Book (Medicinal Chemistry Part) [M]. 2014, Beijing: Chinese Medical Science and Technology. ISBN: 978-7-5067-6521-3 (Co-Editor).
4. The National Licensed Pharmacist Qualification Test Analysis and Problem Set (Medicinal Chemistry Part) [M]. 2014, Beijing: Chinese Medical Science and Technology. ISBN: 978-7-5067-6530-5 (Co-Editor).
5. Guidebook to Pharmaceutical Experiment (Medicinal Chemistry Part) [M]. 2013, Xi’an: Xi'an Jiaotong University Press. ISBN: 978-7-5605-5745-8 (Co-Editor).
6. Guidebook to Organic Synthesis [M]. 2009, Beijing: Chemical Industry Press. (490000 words). ISBN: 978-7-122-03159-4. CIP (2008), No. 091131 (Mono-Translator).
7. New Methods in Drug Synthesis [M]. 2009, Beijing: Chemical Industry Press. ISBN: 978-7-122- 04733-5 (Co-Editor).
8. Pharmaceutical Technology Curriculum Design [M]. 2007, Xi’an: Xi'an Jiaotong University Teaching Material (Chief Editor).
9. New Technology of Drug Synthesis [M]. 2007, Xi’an: Xi'an Jiaotong University Teaching Material (Co-Editor).
10. Guidebook to Phytochemistry Experiment [M]. 1999, Kaifeng: Henan University Teaching Material (Chief Editor).