Adress: MOE Key Lab for Strength and Vibration/Department of Engineering Mechanics, School of Aerospace, Xi an Jiaotong University , 28 West Xianning Road, Xi an 710049, China
Prof. Fulin Shang received his B.S. (1992) in Engineering Mechanics and his Ph. D. (1996) in Solid Mechanics from Xi an Jiaotong University (XJTU), China . He joined the Thermal Power Research Institute of China in 1996 as an Engineer of Material Division and was promoted to Senior Engineer in 1998. From 2000-2001, he worked as a Humboldt Research Fellow at Freiberg University of Mining and Technology , Germany . From 2002-2005, he worked as a JSPS Research Fellow and later COE Researcher at Kyoto University , Japan . He joined XJTU in August 2005 as a Full Professor.
Research Interests and Topics: Solid mechanics, Strength of materials and Structures
1. Strength of small materials and structures , including the following topics:
2. Plasticity behavior of small-sized materials;
3. Plasticity models for alloys
4. Composite material mechanics
5. Fracture mechanics
6. Safety assessment
(7) Interface strength of TBC by first-principle calculation and experimental test, Ministry of Education Ph.D. Fund, RMB 120,000 (Jan 2012 – Dec 2014);
(8) Strain burst and hardening behaviors of single crystal metal micro-pillars, NSFC Research Grant, RMB 860,000 (Jan 2013 – Dec 2016);
(9) Physical-based plasticity models for two alloys, NSAF Research Grant, RMB800,000 (Jan 2014 - December 2016)
(10) Creep property of CFRP tube under space enviorment, China Space Technology Project, RMB1,554,3000 (April 2015 - Dec 2016)
(11) Second-order work theory of plasticity for small-sized metals, NSFC fund, RMB520,000 (Jan 2017 - Dec 2020)
Recent Journal Ppaers (2005~):
1. F. Shang, T. Kitamura, H. Hirakata, I. Kanno, H. Kotera, K. Terada. Experimental and theoretical investigations of delamination at free edge of interface between piezoelectric thin films on a substrate. International Journal of Solids and Structures 42(5-6): 1729-1741, 2005.
2. T. Kitamura, Y. Umeno, F. Shang, T. Shimada, K. Wakahara. Development of interatomic potential for Pb(Zr, Ti)O3 based on shell model. Journal of Solid Mechanics and Materials Engineering 1(12): 1423-1431, 2007.
3. Y. Yan, F. Shang. Cohesive zone modeling of interfacial delamination of PZT thin films. International Journal of Solids and Structures 46 (13): 2739–2749, 2009.
4. P.F. Zhao, F.L. Shang, Y.B. Yan, T. Kitamura. Reinvestigation of the effect of plasticity on delamination process of Si/Cu interface in a ductile nano-cantilever, Int J Fracture 161(2010):65–78.
5. P.F. Zhao, C.A. Sun, X.Y. Zhu, F.L. Shang, C.J. Li. Fracture toughness measurements of plasma-sprayed thermal barrier coatings using a modified four-point bending method. Surface & Coatings Technology 204 (2010): 4066–4074.
6. X.C. Guo, F.L. Shang. Reinvestigation of the tensile strength and fracture property of Ni(1 1 1)/a-Al2O3 (0 0 0 1) interfaces by first-principle calculations. Computational Materials Science 50(5): 1711-1716, 2011.
7. Y.B. Yan, T. Sumigawa, F.L. Shang, T. Kitamura. Three-Dimensional Cohesive Zone Modeling on Interface Crack Initiation from Nanoscale Stress Concentration. Journal of Solid Mechanics and Materials Engineering 5(2): 117-127, 2011.
8. P.F. Zhao, X.D. Li, F.L. Shang, C.J. Li. Interlamellar cracking of thermal barrier coatings with TGOs by non-standard four-point bending tests. Materials Science and Engineering A 528 (2011) 7641– 7647.
9. Yabin Yan, Takashi Sumigawa, Fulin Shang, Takayuki Kitamura. Cohesive Zone Criterion for Cracking along the Cu/Si Interface in Nanoscale Components. Engineering Fracture Mechanics 78 (2011) 2935–2946.
10. XC Guo, FL Shang. Shear strength and sliding behavior of Ni/Al2O3 interfaces: a first-principle study. Journal of Materials Research, 27(9): 1237 – 1244, 2012.
11. Bo Pan, Fulin Shang, Jun Lu. Frequency analysis of nonlinear free vibration of a cross string. Nonlinear Dynamics, 2013, DOI: 10.1007/s11071-013-0748-4.
12. X. Zhang, B. Pan, F.L. Shang. Scale-free behavior of displacement burst: lower limit and scaling exponent. Europhysics Letters, 2012, 100: 16005-p1-p6
13. Zhang, X., Shang, F., A continuum model for intermittent deformation of single crystal micropillars, International Journal of Solids and Structures 51 (10) 1859–1871, 2014
14. Xu Zhang, Fulin Shang, Yong Yu, Yabin Yan, Shunping Yan. A stochastic model for temporal aspects of flow intermittency in micropillar compression. International Journal of Solids and Structures 51 (25-26): 4519-4530, 2014
15. FL Shang, X Zhang, XC Guo, PF Zhao, Y Chang. Determination of high-temperature mechanical properties of thermal barrier coatings by nanoindentation. Surface Engineering, 30(4): 283-289, 2014.
16. Zeying Bao, Xiancong Guo, Fulin Shang. An atomistic investigation into the nature of fracture of Ni/Al2O3 interface with yttrium dopant under tension. Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 2015.
17. Bo Pan, Yoji Shibutani, Xu Zhang, Fulin Shang. Effect of dislocation pile-up on size-dependent yield strength in finite single-crystal micro-samples. J. Appl. Phys. 118, 014305 (2015).
18. Xu Zhang, Xiangcheng Zhang, Fulin Shang, Qian Li. Second-order work and strain burst in single-crystalline micropillar plasticity. International Journal of Plasticity, 77 (2016) 192-213.