|Courses|Academic Lectures|Reform on Teaching Methodology|Teaching management Platform on Web|Training Graduate students|Student Paper Competition|Discipline Establishmen|Global Super-course library
- “Rehabilitation Engineering”, For Undergraduate Students, (2002-), (Course No.: 132007), (Courseware can be downloaded).
- “Fundamental of Rehabilitation Engineering”, For Graduate Students, (2002-), (Course No.: 132007)
- “Soft Tissue Biomechanics”, For Graduate Students, (2004-), (Course No.: 132007)
- “Human Factors for Rehabilitation”, For Graduate Students, (2005-), (Course No.: 132007)
- “Neural Basis of Sensory and Motor Control (II) ”, For Graduate Students, (2005-), (Course No.: 132007)
- “Introduction of Clinical Research Methodology”, For Graduate Students, (2004), (Course No.: 132007)
- “Computer Interface”，For Undergraduate Students, (1994-1998), (Course No.: 132007)
- “Medical Ultrasonics”，For Undergraduate Students, (1992)
- “Medical Electrical Instrumentation”, For certificate students, (1992)
- “New Concept of Modern Rehabilitation and the Development of Rehabilitation Engineering”
- “Informatics Methodology in the Diagnosis and Therapy of Brain diseases
- “Functional Informatics and Human Receptor Alternatives”
- “The Road to Success is Extending under your feet”
- the capacity to search the information related in huge knowledge source, to do summary, and to think research science questions;
- the capacity and skills to describe own academic thinking and to make academic lectures using English;
- the training of scientific writing skills.。
The teachers in university are always busy for preparing lessons and doing lectures. However, the overall quality level has not improved every year and year. The content of the teaching have not be renewed. It can not meet the requirement of rapid development of science and technology. We established a Teaching Management Platform on Web. The platform includes courseware download area, homework upload area, and symposium area online now. We will set up a virtual experimental platform to make up the shortage of experimental device and to add the experiment course. In addition, we will cooperate with University of Pittsburgh in the USA to set up a mirror web station for rehabilitation course teaching, to use the source of Supper-Course Library and to improve the our teaching quality.
The Teaching Management Platform on Web has three advantages as following,
- Teachers can share their source, such as the lesson materials prepared. It can save teachers’ time to search the same lesson materials. They can spend more time to search new material for course teaching and focus their attention on improving teaching quality at overall level.
- Students participate in teaching. Teacher and students can discuss on-line. Then, teachers can master students’ thinking, questions, and learning progress, and can guide them in the symposium online. So, it profits teacher to give directive teachings in classroom also.
- To take part in the discussion on special topics, students will collect a lot of materials about these topics and put them into the discussion area in the Teaching management Platform on web. The materials and information will help our course construction so much. They are an important source to update the content of the curriculum and to improve the teaching quality. The materials will be reserved in computer for a long time also.
- To train the scientific thinking capability in doing cross-multidisciplinary scientific research;
- To master the scientific research methodology and Skills;
- To train English speech skills for academic exchanges, seminars, and lectures.
- Mingming Zhang, Jue Wang, Ning Sang, Zhuo Zhang, Bin Chen, Qingfeng Wang, “Design and Realization of New System of Deep-Brain Stimulation,” Proceeding of the 3nd International Forum on Rehabilitation, Beijing, Oct. 27 – Nov. 1, 2008
- Longwei Chen, Jue Wang, Shuwei Li, Feng Zhang, Lin Gao, Hongxia Li, Miao Huang, “Biomechanical Analysis of Gait Initiation in Children with Spastic Cerebral Palsy,” Proceeding of the 3nd International Forum on Rehabilitation, Beijing, Oct. 27 – Nov. 1, 2008
- Ping Liu, Jue Wang, Tong Zhang, “The Collection and Share of Tele-Muscle Evaluation Data Based on B/S Mode,” Proceeding of International Forum on Rehabilitation’ 2005 of China Association of Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons, Xi’an, P. R. of China, 2005
- Andrew P. Zeltwanger, Jue Wang; David M. Brienza; Gina Bertocci; Patricia Karg; and Vikram S. Chib, "Repeatability of determining effecting Young’s Modulus of buttocks soft tissue across multiple subjects,” proceedings of the RESNA’2001 Annual Conference, Reno, Nevada, USA, 2001.
- Jing Wang, Jue Wang, Xinzhou Gong, Jingzhi Cheng, “ Non-invasion ultrasound technique for medicine,” Proceedings of World Congress Symposium on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, SY01-1.8, 1994, IUPESM Young Investigators Award Symposium-5.
We refer the teaching and curriculum system of the Rehabilitation Science and Technology at University of Pittsburgh in the USA, Organize our resource in the School of Life Science and Technology, Medical School, the School of Mechanical Engineering, and the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, to establish the Rehabilitation Medicine and Physical Therapy Discipline. The Ministry of Education in China approved the education programs in 2003. The Xi’an Jiaotong University recruited the first group of MS students and PhD students from the all place in China in 2004. We set up the Post-Doctoral Research Station on the Rehabilitation Medicine and Physical Therapy Discipline in 2004 also. Now, 8 MS students and 8 PhD students are pursuing their degrees on Rehabilitation Medicine and Physical Therapy and 2 post-doctorals are doing research in rehabilitation area.
According to the requirement of rehabilitation professional people in China and the features of the Rehabilitation Medicine and Physical Therapy Discipline in China, referring the U.S. Rehabilitation Science and Technology Disciplines at University of Pittsburgh in the USA, our rehabilitation discipline plans to set up 20 courses in the five years.
The teachers in Xi'an Jiaotong University have been set up 13 courses for the graduate students who study in rehabilitation discipline until now. The courses include “Fundamental of Rehabilitation Engineering”, “Soft Tissue Biomechanics”, “Human Factors for Rehabilitation”, “Neural Basis of Sensory and Motor Control (I)”, “Neural Basis of Sensory and Motor Control (II)”, “Introduction of Clinical Research Methodology”, “Rehabilitation Psychology”, “Tissue Engineering”, “Myology and Osteology”, “Image Diagnosis of Bone Joint and Nerve”, “Electric Physiology Diagnose of Nerve and Muscle”, “Assessment Technology of Motor Functional Disorder”, and “Biomechanics of Movement”. “Fundamental of Social Security”, “Comparison and Study of Persons with Disabilities Act”, and “Rehabilitation Social Medicine”, were done as a series of lectures.
The other four courses, “Therapy of Rehabilitation”, “Augmentative and Alternative Communication”, “Bio-material”, and “Design and Manufacturing of Rehabilitation Appliance” will be set up at the right moment according to the enrollment number of students.
Approved by the China Association of Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons, the plaque, National Pilot Base on Training / Research / Development of Rehabilitation Sciences and Technology, was officially unveiled at Xi'an Jiaotong University on April 8, 2006. Professor Xianguang Wu, the vice-chairman and secretary-general of the China Association of Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons, entered and took charge of the Unveil-Plaque Ceremony.
Professor Xianguang Wu was taking change of the Unveil-Plaque Ceremony
National Pilot Base on Training / Research / Development of Rehabilitation Sciences and Technology, was officially unveiled at Xi'an Jiaotong University
- Web address：http://www.shrs.pitt.edu/supercourse
- Writing, translating and revising courseware for Global Super-course library. The courseware is listed as following,
- Ellen R. Cohn and Jue Wang, "A Web-based Accessibilities in 2001: Representative Rehabilitation, Education and Health Related Sites," Jue wang Translate and Revise，2002
- Mary Ellen Buning, Jue Wang, "A Model for Development and Prescribing Assistive Technology Devices," Ji Jun Wang Translate、Jue wang Revise，2002
- Ellen R. Cohn, David M. Brienza, Clifford E. Brubaker, Ronald E. Laporte, "A web-based Model to Disseminate ’Best Lectures’ in Rehabilitation Worldwide" Ji Jun Wang Translate、Jue wang Revise，2002
- Katherine, David M. Brienza, Doug Habson, Cliffored Brubaker, "Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center Program of the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research in the United States," Yi kun zhanTranslate、Jue wang Revise，2002
- Nigel Shapcott, "TeleRehabilitation Overview and Preliminary Results" Ji Jun Wang Translate、Jue wang Revise，2002
- Katherine D. Seelman, "Disability and Public Policy in the United States" Ji jun wang, Yi kun zhanTranslate、Jue wang Revise，2002
- Katherine D. Seelman, David M. Brienza, Jue wang，American Rehabilitation Project and the development of dynamic “American Rehabilitation Project and the development of dynamic”，2002
- Jue wang, David M. Brienza,yi kun zhan Bedsore, “Block sore etiology research and anti-bed sore, sore Block product development”, 2002
- The Director of the Global Super-course library, Dr. Ronald E. LaPorte, was granted “Chancellor’s distinguished Teaching Award” at University of Pittsburgh in the USA, in 2007