Yuxin (Jason) Zhao
School of Chemical Engineering and Technology
Xi'an Jiaotong University
No. 28 West Xianning Road, Xi'an,
2005-2009, B.S., China University of Petroleum (East)
2009-2014, Ph.D., China University of Petroleum (East), Prof. Zi-Feng Yan
2015.07-2019.01 Engineer SINOPEC Research Institute of Safety Engineering (RISE)
2012.11-2014.05 Visiting Scholar Griffith University, Queensland Micro Nanotechnology Centre (QMNC)
ORCID ID: 0000-0003-4994-4355
My research interests are in the synthesis of new classes of materials and nanostructures, with an emphasis on understanding the fundamental issues of multi-scale structural assembly and growth that will enable the rational control of material property and functionality as properly designed micro-devices for energy and environmental protection. After working at SINOPEC Research Institute of Safety Engineering (RISE), I basically focus on the research of multi-functional security sensors with big data characteristics, which involves high-throughput synthesis of new-type sensitive materials, manufacturing of micro sensors and environmental tests. Besides, I am also responsible in the development and commercialization of new carbon-based adsorption materials for oil and gas recovery, interfacial materials with superwettability for oil spill remediation, etc. For now, a systematic academic and industrial layout has been formed according to enterprise's requirement, while the commercial test results and actual condition indicate that the proposed technology established by the applicant achieves a beneficial effect and can be a good reference for design and practice in similar projects.
1. National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), Research of Flexible Piezo-resistance Pressure Sensor Based on High Resilient and Fatigue-Resistant Copper Nanowire/Polymer Aerogel Monoliths, 215,000 RMB, Principle Investigator (PI)
2. SINOPEC Ministry of Science and Technology, Smart multiplexed harmful gas sensor development, 12,500,000 RMB, PI
3. “Young Talent Support Plan”of Xi’an Jiaotong University, 1,000,000 RMB, PI
19. Zhao Cai#, Yusheng Zhang#, Yuxin Zhao#(#equal contribution), Yueshen Wu, Wenwen Xu, Xuemei Wen, Yang Zhong, Ying Zhang, Wen Liu, Hailiang Wang, Yun Kuang*, Xiaoming Sun*. Selectivity regulation of CO2 electroreduction through contact interface engineering on superwetting Cu nanoarray electrodes. Nano Research, 2019, 12, 345–349.
18. Yusheng Zhang#, Zhao Cai#, Yuxin Zhao#(#equal contribution), Xuemei Wen, Wenwen Xu, Yang Zhong, Lu Bai, Wen Liu, Ying Zhang*, Yun Kuang*, Xiaoming Sun*. Superaerophilic copper nanowires for efficient and switchable CO2 electroreduction. Nanoscale Horizons, 2019, 10.1039/C8NH00259B.
17. Mingqiu Song#, Yuxin Zhao#(#equal contribution), Shanjun Mu, Chunming Jiang, Zhan Li, Pingping Yang, Qianrong Fang, Ming Xue*, Shilun Qiu*. A stable ZIF-8-coated mesh membrane with micro-/nano architectures produced by a facile fabrication method for high-efficiency oil-water separation. SCIENCE CHINA Materials, 2019, 62, 536-544.
16. Xiaojing Zhang#, Yuxin Zhao#(#equal contribution), Shanjun Mu, Chunming Jiang, Mingqiu Song, Qianrong Fang, Ming Xue*, Shilun Qiu, Banglin Chen*. UiO-66-coated mesh membrane with underwater superoleophobicity for high-efficiency oil–water separation. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2018, 10, 17301-17308.
15. Xianzhong Yang, Jing Li, Yuxin Zhao, Jianhua Yang, Liyan Zhou, Zhigao Dai, Xiao Guo, Shanjun Mu, Quanzhen Liu, Chunming Jiang, Mengtao Sun*, Jianfang Wang and Wenjie Liang*. Self-assembly of Au@Ag core–shell nanocuboids into staircase superstructures by droplet evaporation. Nanoscale, 2018, 10, 142-149.
14. Ying Pan, Yuxin Zhao, Shanjun Mu, Yu Wang, Chunming Jiang, Quanzhen Liu, Qianrong Fang, Ming Xue*, Shilun Qiu. Cation exchanged MOF-derived nitrogen-doped porous carbons for CO2 capture and supercapacitor electrode materials. J. Mater. Chem. A, 2017,5, 9544-9552.
13. Yuxin Zhao, Bing Sun, Shucai Zhang, Lin Wang, Xin Gao, Quanzhen Liu, Shanjun Mu, Miao Zhang, Shi Hu*, Ziyang Huo*. A general method for ultrathin 1D oxide nanomaterials. Nanoscale, 2017,9, 12830-12834.
12. Bo Lin, Guidong Yang*, Bolun Yang, Yuxin Zhao*. Construction of novel three dimensionally ordered macroporous carbon nitride for highly efficient photocatalytic activity. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2016, 198, 276-285.
11. Yuxin Zhao, Shanjun Mu, Wanfu Sun, Quanzhen Liu, Yanpeng Li, Zifeng Yan, Ziyang Huo*, Wenjie Liang*. Growth of copper oxide nanocrystals in metallic nanotubes for high performance battery anodes. Nanoscale, 2016,8, 19994-20000.
10. Yuxin Zhao, Ying Zhang, Hu Zhao, Xuejin Li, Yanpeng Li, Ling Wen, Zifeng Yan*, Ziyang Huo*. Epitaxial growth of hyperbranched Cu/Cu2O/CuO core-shell nanowire heterostructures for lithium-ion batteries. Nano Research, 2015, 8, 2763-2776.
9. Yuxin Zhao, LiLi Fan, Ying Zhang, Hu Zhao, Xuejin Li, Yanpeng Li, Ling Wen, Zifeng Yan*, Ziyang Huo*. Hyper-Branched Cu@Cu2O Coaxial Nanowires Mesh Electrode for Ultra-Sensitive Glucose Detection. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2015, 7, 16802-16812.
8. Yuxin Zhao, Wentai Wang, Yanpeng Li, Ying Zhang, Zifeng Yan*, Ziyang Huo*. Hierarchical branched Cu2O nanowires with enhanced photocatalytic activity and stability for H2 production. Nanoscale, 2014, 6, 195-198.
7. Yuxin Zhao, Zezhong Zhang, Ying Zhang, Yanpeng Li, Zhaoyang He, Zifeng Yan*. Large-scale synthesis of Cu nanowires with gradient scales by using “hard” strategies and size effects on electrical properties. CrystEngComm, 2013,15, 332-342.
6. Yuxin Zhao, Yanpeng Li, Zhaoyang He, Zifeng Yan*. Facile preparation of Cu–Cu2O nanoporous nanoparticles as a potential catalyst for non-enzymatic glucose sensing. RSC Adv., 2013,3, 2178-2181.
5. Yuxin Zhao, Zhaoyang He, Zifeng Yan*. Copper@ carbon coaxial nanowires synthesized by hydrothermal carbonization process from electroplating wastewater and their use as an enzyme-free glucose sensor. Analyst, 2013,138, 559-568.
4. Yuxin Zhao, Juan Wang, Ying Zhang, Yanpeng Li, Zifeng Yan*. The investigation of a hydro-thermal method to fabricate Cu@C coaxial nanowires and their special electronic transport and heat conduction properties. New J. Chem., 2012, 36, 1255-1264.
3. Yuxin Zhao, Ying Zhang, Yanpeng Li, Zifeng Yan*. A flexible chemical vapor deposition method to synthesize copper@ carbon core–shell structured nanowires and the study of their structural electrical properties. New J. Chem., 2012, 36, 1161-1169.
2. Yuxin Zhao, Ying Zhang, Yanpeng Li, Zhaoyang He, Zifeng Yan*. Rapid and large-scale synthesis of Cu nanowires via a continuous flow solvothermal process and its application in dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs). RSC Adv., 2012, 2, 11544-11551.
1. Yuxin Zhao, Ying Zhang, Yanpeng Li, Zifeng Yan*. Soft synthesis of single-crystal copper nanowires of various scales. New J. Chem., 2012, 36, 130-138.