● Vibration of turbomachine blade
Dry friction damping mechanism and application for turbomachine blades.
Development of blade for heavy duty gas turbine and aeroengine.
Blade failure analysis, retrofit, and fatigue design
Structure integrity, reliability, design criteria investigation
● Rotor dynamics and rotor fault diagnosis
Linear, nonlinear static and dynamic characteristics of complex disc rod rotor
The static and dynamic characteristics of large multi span rotor system
Research and application on vibration test, dynamic balance, failure analysis of rotor system
● Structure integrity, and fatigue life evaluation for heavy duty power equipments
Service life and residual life evaluation technology and application for rotor and blade
Security and reliability analysis for heavy duty power equipments
At present, he and his research group are undertaking one project on vibration control of friction damping constraint blade Sponsored by NSFC, one project on vibration suppression of aeroengine blades sponsored by the national “863” plan, one subproject on dynamics simulation and experiment of splined-disc rotor of heavy duty gas turbine sponsored by the national “973” plan, and two projects on new blade development sponsored by two famous Chinese design and manufacture companies.
1992 - 1995: Ph.D. Candidate, Thermoturbomachinery, Department of Power Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, P.R.China. Doctor in Engineering, July, 1995.
1989 - 1992: Graduate student, Thermal Power Eng. of Power Plant, Department of Energy and Power Engineering, Xi’an Jiaotong University, P.R.China. Master in Engineering, June, 1992.
1985 - 1989: Undergraduate, Thermal Turbomachine, Department of Energy and Power Eng., Xi’an Jiaotong University, P.R.China. Bachelor in Engineering, July, 1989.
2004 - Present: Associate Prof. of Energy & Power Eng., National Engineering Research Center for Turbomachinery and Compressors, School of Energy and Power Eng., Xi’an Jiaotong University.
2000 - 2004: Researcher, Vibration Section, Systems Technology Research Team, R & D Center, DOOSAN Heavy Industries and Construction Co. Ltd, South Korea.
1997 - 2000: Associate Prof. of Energy & Power Eng., National Engineering Research Center for Turbo-Machinery and Compressors, School of Energy and Power Eng., Xi’an Jiaotong University.
1995 - 1997: Postdoctoral Fellow, Institute of Thermal Turbomachines (Steam Turbines), School of Energy and Power Engineering, Xi’an Jiaotong University, P.R.China.
1. Structural Strength and Vibration of Turbines
2. Structural Strength of Centrifugal Compressor
3. FEM Theory and Application in Turbomachinery
4. Machinery Vibration and Rotordynamics
5. Structure Modal Analysis——Theory, Experiment and Application
1. 3-D FEM Stress Analysis and Fatigue Life Estimation of Steam Turbine Cylinder, Sponsored by Harbine Steam Turbine Works , 1990-1991:
2. Theoretical Study and Application of Initiation Crack Life and Crack Propagation Life of Steam Turbine Rotor, Partly Sponsored by the National Key Project of 8.5 Plan, 1992-1994;
3. On Line Estimation Method of Thermal Stress , fatigue life and Creep Life of Steam Turbine Rotor, Partly Sponsored by the National Key Project of 8.5 Plan, 1992-1994;
4. Management of Blade Life, Sponsored by Dongfang Steam Turbine Works, 1995-1997;
5. Investigation on Dynamic Characteristics of Blades with Damping Structure, Supported by the Dongfang Steam Turbine Works, 1995-1997;
6. The Cracking Mechanism of Shaoguan Power Plant No. 6 Unit’s Rotor, Supported by Shaoguan Power Plant and Chinese Thermal Power Research Institute, 1996;
7. The Accident Analysis of Shaoguan Power Plant No. 6 Unit’s 14th Blades, Supported by Shaoguan Power Plant and Chinese Thermal Power Research Institute, 1996;
8. Modern Mechanics Analysis and Fatigue Reliability Study of Steam Turbine Blades, Funded By National Postdoctoral Science Foundation of China, 1995-1997;
9. Study on the Dynamics Characteristics of Rotor-bearing System, Supported by National Engineering and Research Center for Fluid Machinery, 1996-1997;
10. Stress and vibration analysis of steam turbine blades using 3D FEM, Supported by Wu Han Steam Turbine Plant, 1997-1998;
11. Labyrinth Seal Flow Exciting in Rotor-Bearing System of High Speed Rotating Machinery, Supported by National Engineering and Research Center for Fluid Machinery, 1997-1998.
12. Investigation on Blade Nonlinear Vibration considering Solid and Fluid Coupling, Funded by the Science Foundation of Xi'an Jiaotong University, 1997-1999;
13. Investigation and Exploiture on CAD Program Packet of Axial Flow Gas Turbine of Industrial Process, Supported by Shaanxi Compressor corporation, 1999-2000.
14. Three-dimensional FEM Vibration Analysis of blades for steam turbines. And nonlinear dynamics behavior and optimal design of dry friction damping blades, Supported by Doosan Heavy Industry, South Korea, 2000-2004
15. Failure analysis and retrofit of group blades of 1st stage blades for a low pressure steam turbine, 2001.
16. Stress and vibration analysis of the 4-blade group and the 5-blade group of the 9th stage blades for 500MW, and comparison with test results, 2002
17. Long-arc shrouding concept and its application, and Vibration analysis of long-arc shrouding blade groups. 2003
18. Programing for calculating static and dynamic characteristics of blade with complicated connectors using 3-dimension elastic offset tapered asymmetry beam element, 2002-2003
19. Fracture analysis and retrofit of twinborn blades of one steam turbine governing stages, 2004.
20. Fracture analysis and retrofit of one adjustable extractive steam stage blades for one steam turbine, 2005.
21. Study on Nonlinear dynamics of damped blades, Supported by Xi’an Jiaotong Univ., 2000-2004