2016-2017 Visiting Scholar, University of Hull, UK
2015-, Associate professor, School of Energy and Power Engineering, Xian Jiaotong University, China.
2011-2015, Lecture, School of Environmental Science and Technology, Dalian University of Technology, China.
2009-2011, Postdoctoral researcher, Lecturer, School of Environmental Science and Technology, Dalian University of Technology, China.
1. First prize of natural science academic achievement of Liaoning province, 2014.
2. Outstanding Faculty Award of Dalian University of Technology, 2014 and 2013.
3. Outstanding Advisor Award for college innovation annual meeting, 2012.
1. Solid Waste Treatment and Recycling
2. Biomass/Coal Gasification and Pyrolysis
3. Oil Recycling from Oily Sludge
4. Hydrogen Production with Tar Catalysis Reforming
5. Manicipal Solid Waste to Fuel
6. Sewage Sludge Treatment and Recycling
7. Drying Technology of High Moisture Materials
8. Microbial Technology for Solid Waste Treatment
 Ningbo Gao*, Zongyang Li, Cui Quan, Norbert Miskolczi, Attila Egedy, A new method combining hydrothermal carbonization and mechanical compression in-situ for sewage sludge dewatering: Bench-scale verification, Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, 2019, 139: 187-195. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaap.2019.02.003. (SCI、IF= 3.486, Top).
 Cui Quan, Ningbo Gao,* Huihui Wang, Hongman Sun, Chunfei Wu*,et al, Ethanol Steam Reforming on Ni/CaO catalysts for co-production of hydrogen and carbon nanotubes, International Journal of Energy Research, 2019, 43(3): 1255-1271. https://doi.org/10.1002/er.4365. (SCI, IF= 3.009, Top).
 Ningbo Gao*, Lei Zhang and Chunfei Wu, Biomass and Wastes for Bioenergy: Thermochemical Conversion and Biotechnologies, BioMed Research International, 2018, 2018,1-2. (SCI, IF=2.583).
 Ningbo Gao*, Ying Han, Cui Quan, Study on Steam Reforming of Coal Tar over Ni-Co/ceramic Foam Catalyst for Hydrogen Production: Effect of Ni/Co Ratio, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, in press. (SCI、IF= 4.229, Top).
 Zhengzhao Ma, Jianghao Xie, Ningbo Gao*, Cui Quan, Pyrolysis behaviors of oilfield sludge based on Py-GC/MS and DAEM kinetics analysis, Journal of the Energy Institute, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joei.2018.07.001 (SCI、IF=4.217).
 Chidiebere Diyoke, Ningbo Gao*, Mathew Aneke, Meihong Wang, Chunfei Wu, Modelling of down-draft gasification of biomass - an integrated pyrolysis, combustion and reduction process, Applied Thermal Engineering, 2018, 142, 444-456. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2018.06.079.
 Gao, Ningbo; Quan Cui; Ma, Zhengzhao; Wu, Chunfei, Thermal characteristics of biomass pyrolysis oil and potential hydrogen production by catalytic steam reforming, Energy & Fuels, 2018, 32 (4): 5234–5243.Doi: 10.1021/acs.energyfuels.8b00365. (SCI, IF=3.091)
 Ningbo Gao*, Xiao Wang, Cui Quan, Chunfei Wu, Study of oily sludge pyrolysis combined with fine particle removal using a ceramic membrane in a fixed-bed reactor, Chemical Engineering & Processing: ProcessIntensification, 2018, 128: 276-281, (SCI, IF=2.234)
 Ayesha Tariq Sipra, Ningbo Gao*, Haris Sarwar, Municipal solid waste (MSW) pyrolysis for bio-fuel production: A review of effects of MSW components and catalysts, Fuel Processing Technology, 2018, 175: 131-147. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuproc.2018.02.012. (SCI, IF=3.752)
 Cui Quan, Zhengzhao Ma, Ningbo Gao*, Chi He. Pyrolysis and combustion characteristics of corncob hydrolysis residue. Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, 2018,130: 72-78. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaap.2018.01.025. (Top, IF=3.47)
 Ningbo Gao*, Ying Han, Cui Quan, Chunfei Wu. Promoting hydrogen-rich syngas production from catalytic reforming of biomass pyrolysis oil on nanosized nickel-ceramic catalysts, Applied Thermal Engineering, 2017, 125, 297-305. (SCI/EI，IF=3.38).
 王笑，高宁博*，生物质气化重整技术的研究进展，生物质化学工程，2017, 51(2): 48-56.
 Ningbo Gao*, Cui Quan, Baoling Liu, Zongyang Li, et al. Continuous pyrolysis of sewage sludge in a screw-feeding reactor: products characterization and ecological risk assessment of heavy metals. Energy & Fuels, 2017, 31(5): 5063–5072.
 Liandong Zhu, Ningbo Gao, Rong-Gang Cong. Application of Biotechnology for the Production of Biomass-Based Fuels, BioMed Research International, vol. 2017, 2017. 1-2.
 Cui Quan, Ningbo Gao*, Chunfei Wu. Utilization of NiO/porous ceramic monolithic catalyst for upgrading biomass fuel gas. Journal of the Energy Institute. 2017, DOI: 10.1016/j.joei.2017.02.008.
 Cui Quan, Ningbo Gao*, Pyrolysis of biomass components in a TGA and a fixed-bed reactor: Thermochemical behaviors, kinetics, and product characterization J. Analy. Appl. Pyrolysis, 2016, 121, 84-92, SCI, IF=3.65.
 Cui Quan, Ningbo Gao*, Co-pyrolysis of biomass and coal: A review of effects of co-pyrolysis parameters, product properties and synergistic mechanisms, Biomed Research International, 2016, 2016, 6197867, SCI, IF=2.14.
 Shuo Cheng, Yuhua Wang, Ningbo Gao, Fumitake Takahashi, Aimin Li, Kunio Yoshikawa. Pyrolysis of oil sludge with oil sludge ash additive employing a stirred tank reactor, Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, 2016, 120, 511-520.SCI, IF=3.65.
 Shuo Cheng, Fumitake Takahashi, Ningbo Gao, Kunio Yoshikawa, and Aimin Li, Evaluation of Oil Sludge Ash as a Solid Heat Carrier in the Pyrolysis Process of Oil Sludge for Oil Production, Energy Fuels, 2016, 30 (7): 5970–5979.
 Ningbo Gao*, Xiao Wang, Aimin Li, Chunfei Wu, Zhifan Yin. Hydrogen production from catalytic steam reforming of benzene as tar model compound of biomass gasification, Fuel Processing Technology, 2016,148: 380-387.
 Ningbo Gao*, Shuang Liu, Ying Han, Chen Xing, Aimin Li*,Steam reforming of biomass tar for hydrogen production over NiO/ceramic foam catalyst, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2015, 40(25), 7983-7990. (SCI源刊，EI收录，IF= 3.42)
 Gao, Ningbo*, Liu, Baoling, Li, Aimin, Li, Juanjuan, Continuous pyrolysis of pine sawdust at different reaction temperatures and solid residence times, Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, 2015, 14, 155-162. (SCI源刊，EI收录，IF2013= 3.070)
 Ningbo Gao, Juanjuan Li, Benyu Qi, Aimin Li*, Yue Duan, Ze Wang, Thermal analysis and products distribution of dried sewage sludge pyrolysis. Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, 2014, 105: 43-48. (SCI源刊，EI收录，IF2013= 3.070)
 Ningbo Gao, Aimin Li*, Cui Quan, Lin Du, Yue Duan, TG-FTIR and Py-GC/MS analysis on pyrolysis and combustion of pine sawdust. Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, 2013, 100: 26-32. (SCI, EI收录, IF2013= 3.070).
 Ningbo Gao, Aimin Li*, Liaoyuan Mao, Jiwen Yang, Drying Characteristics of the Furfural Residues of Biomass Hydrolyzation, Journal of Biobased Materials and Bioenergy, 2012. 6(6): 661-668. (SCI, EI收录, 影响因子1.037).
 Ningbo Gao, Aimin Li* and Cui Quan, Characteristics of hydrogen-rich gas production of biomass gasification with porous ceramic reforming, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2012, 37(12): 9610–9618. (SCI, EI收录, 影响因子4.05). SCI: WOS:000305106300018.
 Ningbo Gao, Aimin Li*, Cui Quan and Fan Gao, Hydrogen-rich gas production from biomass steam gasification in an updraft fixed-bed gasifier combined with a porous ceramic reformer, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2008, 33(20): 5430-5438. (SCI, EI收录, 影响因子2.73).
 Ningbo Gao and Aimin Li*, Modeling and simulation of combined pyrolysis and reduction zone for a downdraft biomass gasifier, Energy Conversion and Management, 2008, 49(12): 3483-3490, (SCI, EI收录, 影响因子1.18)
 Ningbo Gao and Aimin Li*, Emissions of SO2, NO and NO2 in biogas incinerator during solid waste gasification. Environmental Pollution and Public Health, Jun 14-16, 2009, (1-11): 6268-6271, Beijing. ISTP、EI收录WOS:000286342803197
 Ningbo Gao, Aimin Li*, Proposal of A Semi-empirical Parameter Groups Model of Organic Solid Waste Gasification, The 12th Asian Pacific Confederation of Chemical Engineering Congress, Aug. 2008, Dalian, ISBN: 978-7-5611-4285-1.
 Ningbo Gao, Aimin Li*, Pollutants forming characteristics of typical solid waste gasification and combustion treatment, The 2nd China-Korea Joint Symposium on Incineration/Pyrolysis and Environmental Management, Mar, 28, 2006, Hangzhou, China.
 Ningbo Gao, Aimin Li*, Experimental study on solid waste gasification in fixed beds, 2nd International Conference on Cooling and Heating Technologies, July 26, 2006, Dalian, China, 260-268.
 Ningbo Gao, Aimin Li*, The characteristic parameters model on pyrolysis of solid waste, 1st Korea-China Joint Symposium on Incineration/Pyrolysis and Environmental Management, September 22, 2005, Seoul, Korea, 39-46.
Conference and Symposium
1. Ningbo Gao and Aimin Li, Preparation and characterization of Ni-based porous ceramic catalyst and bio-gas steam reforming for hydrogen production, Jun.3, 21st European Biomass Conference, Demark, Copenhagen. Visual presentation.
2. Ningbo Gao and Aimin Li, Emissions of SO2, NO and NO2 in biogas incinerator during solid waste gasification. Environmental Pollution and Public Health, Jun 14-16, 2009: 1-4, DOI: 10.1109/ICBB- E.2009.5162770, Beijing. Oral presentation.
3. Ningbo Gao, Aimin Li, Proposal of A Semi-empirical parameter groups model of organic solid waste gasification, The 12th Asian Pacific Confederation of Chemical Engineering Congress, Aug. 2008, Dalian, ISBN: 978-7-5611-4285-1. Oral presentation.
4. Ningbo Gao, Aimin Li, Experimental study on solid waste gasification in fixed beds, 2nd International Conference on Cooling and Heating Technologies, July 26, 2006, Dalian, China, 260-268. Oral presentation.
5. Ningbo Gao, Aimin Li, The characteristic parameters model on pyrolysis of solid waste, 1st Korea-China Joint Symposium on Incineration/Pyrolysis and Environmental Management, September 22, 2005, Seoul, Korea, 39-46. Oral presentation.
1. A method and device of organic liquid pulverization catalysis reforming. Authorized. 2014
2. A device of catalysis ceramic membrane for gasification/pyrolysis gas reforming. Authorized, 2014.
3. A method and device of drying, pyrolysis and incineration for organic solid fuels. Authorized, 2012.
4. A method and device of magnetism stabilization bed for gas reforming. Authorized, 2012.
5. An integrative method and device of two stages drying and gasification of organic solid fuels. Authorized, 2011.
6. A method of organic solid materials pryolysis for active carbon production. Authorized, 2011.
7. A method and device of active carbon production from organic solid wastes. Authorized, 2009.
8. A device of solid heat carrier pyrolysis rotary bed reactor. Authorized, 2009.
9. A method and device of superadiabatic partial oxidization for tar and char elimination and producer gas reforming. Authorized, 2008.
10. A device of regenerative high temperature pressured steam generation. Authorized, 2007.
1. Foam Ceramic Nanocatalyst System Preparation and Mechanism Investigation of Its Partial Catalytic Oxidation of Tars for Hydrogen, Sponsor: National Science Foundation of China, 2015-2018.
2. Mechanism study of Biomass tar auto-thermal catalysis reforming General Program for Young Scientists, Sponsor: National Science Foundation of China, 2011-2013.
3. The Research of Energy Conversion and Biogas Purification Technologies in Biomass Thermo-chemical Process, International Cooperation and Exchange Project, Sponsor: National Science Foundation of China, 2011-2012.
4. Study of Tar Reforming of Biomass Gasification, Sponsor: China Postdoctoral Science Foundation, General Program, 2009-2011.
5. Tar Near Zero Emission of Biomass Gasification Catalysis for Hydrogen Production. Sponsor: China Postdoctoral Science Foundation, General Program for Special Supporting, 2011-2013.
6. Research of Tar Thermal Removal and the Effects on Gasification Product Gas. Sponsor: Foundation of Liaoning Educational Committee, 2013-2015.
7. Biomass High Temperature Steam Gasification and catalysis reforming for Hydrogen Production, Sponsor: Open Foundation of State Key Laboratory of Multiphase Complex Systems, 2011-2013.
8. Sewage Sludge Two Stages Gasification with High Temperature Steam. Sponsor: Open Foundation of State Key Laboratory of Urban Water Resource and Environment, 2015-2016.
9. Catalysis Pulverization Bio-oil from Sludge Pyrolysis for Hydrogen Production, Sponsor: Open Foundation of Key Laboratory of Industrial Ecology and Environmental Engineering (MOE), 2013-2015.