Prof. Gao has chaired/participated more than 15 provincial or state-level projects, and authored/coauthored more than 35 papers in renowned journals, such as Cement and Concrete Research, Cement and Concrete Composites, Composites Part B: Engineering, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Construction and Building Materials.
hydration kinetics and microstructure evolution of low carbon ternary blended cementitious system;
high performance concrete;
manufacturing of low carbon recycling concrete by utilization of construction waste.
- Yun Gao*, Kai Wu, Zhidan Rong, Qiang Yuan, A Hybrid Analytical-Numerical Algorithm Based General Modeling Framework of Molecular Diffusivity in Cement Paste, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 180, 121774, 2021.
- Yun Gao*, Wenwei Li, Kai Wu, Qiang Yuan, Modeling the elastic modulus of cement paste with X-ray computed tomography and a hybrid analytical-numerical algorithm: The effect of structural heterogeneity, Cement and Concrete Composites, Vol. 122, 104145, 2021.
- Yun Gao*, Kai Wu, Qiang Yuan, Limited fractal behavior in cement paste upon mercury intrusion porosimetry test: Analysis and models, Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 276, 122231, 2021.
- Jinyang Jiang*, Wenjing Zhou, Yun Gao, Liguo Wang, Fengjuan Wang, Hongyan Chu, Guangyuan Xu, Brecht Vandevyvere, Zeger Sierens, Jiabin Li, Feasibility of manufacturing ultra-high performance cement-based composites (UHPCCs) with recycled sand: A preliminary study, Waste Management, Vol. 83, 104-112, 2019.
- Yun Gao*, Pan Feng, Jinyang Jiang, Analytical and numerical modeling of elastic moduli for cement based composites with solid mass fractal model, Construction and Building Materials 2018, Vol. 172, 330–339.
- Yun Gao*, Jinyang Jiang, Kai Wu, Modeling of Ionic Diffusivity for Cement Paste with Solid Mass Fractal Model and Lattice Boltzmann Method, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 2017, 04016287, 1-10.
- Yun Gao*, Geert De Schutter, Guang Ye, Jinyang Jiang, Wei Sun, Assessment of structural feature and ionic diffusivity of ITZ in blended cementitious composites, Journal of Advanced Concrete Technology, Vol. 14, 344-353, 2016.
- Yun Gao*, Geert De Schutter, Guang Ye，Micro- and meso-scale pore structure in mortar in relation to aggregate content, Cement and Concrete Research, 2013, Vol. 52, 149-160.
- Yun Gao*, Geert De Schutter, Guang Ye, Zhijun Tan, Kai Wu, The ITZ microstructure, thickness and porosity in blended cementitious composite: effects of curing age, water to binder ratio and aggregate content, Composites Part B: Engineering, 2013, Vol. 60, 1-13.
- Yun Gao*, Geert De Schutter, Guang Ye, Haoliang Huang, Zhijun Tan, Kai Wu, Porosity characterization of ITZ in cementitious composites: Concentric expansion and overflow criterion, Construction and Building Materials, 2012, Vol. 38, 1051-1057.