Prof. Shusen Yang PhD (Imperial College)
Professor in Information Science, Xi’an Jiaotong University
National-Level Young Talent
Executive Deputy Director of the National Engineering Laboratory for Big Data Analytics
Deputy Director of the Ministry of Education Key Lab for Intelligent Networks and Network Security
General Group Expert on High-Performance Computing of the National Key R&D Plan
2018 Alibaba “DAMO Academy Young Fellow”
2020 Huawei “Extraordinary Contributor to Technology Innovation and Collaboration Breakthrough”
Honorary Research Fellow at Imperial College London
Tel: +86 (0)29 82668570
E-mail: shusenyang AT mail.xjtu.edu.cn
28 West Xianning Road, Xi’an City, China, 710049
Shusen Yang received his PhD in computing from Imperial College London, U.K., in 2014. He is currently a Professor and the Executive Deputy Director of the National Engineering Laboratory for Big Data Analytics, and the Deputy Director of the Ministry of Education (MoE) Key Lab for Intelligent Networks and Network Security, both at Xi’an Jiaotong University (XJTU), China. Before joining XJTU, he was a tenured Lecturer (Assistant Professor) with the University of Liverpool, U.K., from 2015 to 2016, and a Research Associate with the Intel Collaborative Research Institute on sustainable connected cities from 2013 to 2014.
His current research interests include big data and artificial intelligence, and their applications in industrial scenarios, including data-driven network algorithms, distributed machine learning, edge-cloud intelligence, federated learning, and industrial intelligence. His research funding as the PI is over CNY 58 million, and that as a core participator is over CNY 115 million. He has conducted over 70 invited reports to both academia and industry. He has published over 60 top-tier academic papers, applied for and issued with more than 20 national invention patents, and obtained 3 software copyrights.
- Edge-Cloud Collaborative Big-Data Intelligent Computation
- Federated Learning
- AI-drived 5G Network Optimization
- [Big Data Analysis] Shusen Yang*, Liwen Zhang, Chen Xu, Hanqiao Yu, Jianqing Fan, and Zongben Xu, Massive data clustering by multi-scale psychological observations, National Science Review, 9(2):nwab183, 2021.
- [Big Data Privacy Protection] Xuebin Ren, Liang Shi, Weiren Yu, Shusen Yang*, Cong Zhao, and Zongben Xu, LDP-IDS: Local Differential Privacy for Infinite Data Streams, Proceedings of the 2022 International Conference on Management of Data (ACM SIGMOD 2022), 1064-1077, 2022.
- [Edge-Cloud Collaborative Intelligence-VR Application] Shibo Wang, Shusen Yang*, Hailiang Li, Xiaodan Zhang, Chen Zhou, Chenren Xu, Feng Qian, Nanbin Wang, and Zongben Xu, SalientVR: Saliency-Driven Mobile 360-Degree Video Streaming with Gaze Information, Proceedings of the 28th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing And Networking (ACM Mobicom 2022), 542-555, 2022.
- [Edge-Cloud Collaborative Intelligence-System Architecture] Luhui Wang, Cong Zhao, Shusen Yang*, Xinyu Yang, and Julie McCann, ACE: Towards Application-Centric Edge-Cloud Collaborative Intelligence, Communications of the ACM, 66(1):62-73, 2022.
- [Federated Learning] Zihao Zhou,Yanan Li, Xuebin Ren, and Shusen Yang*, Towards Efficient and Stable K-Asynchronous Federated Learning with Unbounded Stale Gradients on Non-IID Data, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 33(12):3291-3305, 2022.
For more details, please refer to https://gr.xjtu.edu.cn/zh/web/shusenyang/publications
- Multi-Agent Trusted Privacy Computing and Cross Domain Data Circulation Value Evaluation Technology, Yunnan Power Grid Co., Ltd, PI, 2023-2025.
- Construction and Application Technology of Problem Handling Knowledge Model, Huawei Technology Co., Ltd, PI, 2023-2024.
- New Methods and Key Technologies of High Performance Distributed Medical CT and MRI Intelligent Imaging, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2022-2025.
- Basic Theory of Meta learning based on Infinite Dimensional Statistical Learning, National Key R&D Plan, 2022-2027.
- Key Technologies of Federated Learning for Power Safety, Yunnan Power Grid Co., Ltd, PI, 2021-2023.
- Optimization of Complex Network Systems Based on Artificial Intelligence Technology, Huawei Technology Co., Ltd, PI, 2019-2022.
- Security and Privacy Protection of Data Acquisition and Publishing in Mobile Group Intelligence Perception with Human Participation, National Natural Science Foundation of China, PI, 2018-2021.
- Construction and Integrated Application of Industrial Interconnection Network for Advanced Manufacturing of Aeroengine, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, 2018-2020.