Address: Xianning West Road 28#, Xi'an,
Shaanxi Province, P. R. China
Professor Zaoxiao Zhang has been involved with the research of energy system optimization. He has a lot of cooperation experiences with industries. Building on this industry background, Zaoxiao Zhang has combined field and laboratory studies to build an interdisciplinary research program with emphasis on energy systems and fossil fuel resources. An important research direction in the last ten years is in the area of energy and environmental technologies for the increase of the energy efficiency and reducing CO2 emissions in the industrial processes. He has published more than 150 journal papers including about 70 papers in the important energy journals such as Applied energy, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy,etc.
1. Received the Bachelor's degree in the Department of Energy, Xi'an Jiaotong University in July 1985.
2. Received the Master's degree in the Department of Energy, Xi'an Jiaotong University in April 1988.
3. Received the Doctorate degree in the School of Energy and Power Engineering, Xi'an Jiaotong University in June 1998.
4. From December 2001 to March 2002， Studied in Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA) as a visiting scholar.
5. From August 2003 to July 2004, Studied in The Department of Chemical Engineering, The University of Queensland, Australia as a visiting scholar.
From April 1988 to present, work in the Department of Chemical Process Machinery, Xi'an Jiaotong university.
Assistant Lecturer, from April 1988 to June 1990.
Lecturee, from July 1990 to June 1996.
Associate Professor, from July 1996 to June 2001.
Professor, from June 2001 to present.
1. Senior member of Chinese Mechanical Engineering Society
2. Senior member of Chinese Refrigeration Society
3. Senior member of Chinese Chemical Engineering Society
4. Professional Committee Member of the Application of Thermodynamics and Engineering, Chinese Energy Research Society
5. Professional Committee Member of the Chemical Machinery, Shaanxi Chemical Engineering Society, China
Research Areas and Interests
1. CO2 capture and sequestration technologies
2. Energy storage and utilization with high efficiency
3. Metal hydrides and its applications
4. New type of chemical machinery
Awards and Honors
1. The third prize from Chinese Education Ministry
2. The second prize from Beijing City Government
1. Process Control Instruments and System Design (for undergraduate students)
2. Optimal Method and its Engineering Applications (for postgraduate students)
3. Process Dynamics and Modeling (for postgraduate students)